Tuesday, December 6, 2011

You make beautiful things.

Each day that passes, the more I begin to understand the meaning behind what my parents always told me  as a child.. "the older you get, the faster time flies." Today, I am writing from my couch. Sitting here, cuddled up, enjoying this amazing winter weather. Time is truly flying by! December of 2011 is here! Let me not fail to mention, December is my favorite month! Beyond the Christmas lights, the cozy weather, and the gifts, I love this time of year because it creates an atmosphere to reflect on my Savior. He is good. He was, and is, and will forever be...good. I never want to allow the craziness of life to ever hinder me from remembering the goodness of Jesus. Born with a purpose..only to die for you and I. Wow. His death gave us direct access to grace and love, to new opportunity day in and day out... to second, third, and 50th chances...His love has no limitations..its unconditional. Romans 8:38..."Nothing,in all creation, can ever separate us from the love of God." Take a moment and think about His love. How amazing. I write today, for no other purpose than to exalt my Savior. In only 5 days, Trinity Church will be releasing their newest album, "In You." You may question what in the world does that have to do with anything? Well, let me just tell you... 6 years ago there was a girl named Taylor,Me...living in Arkansas, trapped in a dysfunctional relationship... pregnant out of wedlock, and bound for Hell. Inside of her, were dreams and gifts that had died, due to lifes circumstances. Hope? There was none. Purpose to life? She had no purpose. Failure, shame, guilt, and low self-esteem held her bound. Until one day she encountered Redemption. The love of God invaded every part of her being, and broke every chain. Dreams and gifts...the destiny God called her to... all resurrected by the power of Jesus Christ. After being pulled out of the valley of the shadow of death, I was quickly reminded of a Savior, born... only to die, to give Taylor, Me, new life. I say all of this, because if you would have told me 6 years ago that I would have an opportunity to sing on a worship album, I would have called you insane. YEs, insane! Due to my own sin and selfishness, I chose a path that would/ should have stopped every dream that God had birthed inside of me as a little girl. The beauty of grace-- no matter how far I ran.. no matter how hard Hell pursued me...I never fully escaped! These lyrics could not be more relevant to my life, "No power in Hell, no scheme of man, could ever pluck me from His hand..." and there you have it. Christ never gave up on me... and now I am living in the fullness of what He had for me all along the way. This coming Sunday, December 11,2011 "In You" will be released for the world. Who knows who will hear it.. maybe ten people, maybe a couple thousand, maybe only one. To you, it may just be another song, another album.. but for me its a reminder that He makes all things new. He takes broken people, with lost dreams...He breathes His life into them, making it beautiful again. I am happy. I am humbled, healed, whole. I am not worthy to be used by Him...yet He sees me worthy and still chooses to use me... and has united me with a team at Trinity Church to advance the kingdom of God. Through a blog, a song... at the gas station... doing hair... He is constantly speaking. Open your eyes today... He is everywhere, in everything. Get rid of the mindset of lost dreams and hopelessness. Allow Christ to make it beautiful again.


Thank you Jesus for making all things new in my life. In you, I am restored. Nothing missing, nothing broken...


1 comment:

  1. This was more touching and soul reaching to me than your testimony was. Maybe because I can't relate to it, although it is very similar to my story up.until the part where you discussed the closeness of your family and the change you experienced. I don't know. Still, I can relate to this post more. Congratulations to you for being in a better place. I don't believe it will ever happen for me, but it's nice to see it realized in other people's lives. You seem very happy now. Very nice post.

    ReplyDelete